IEEE Announces Call for Papers for New Open Access Journals
IEEE expanding open access journals in key technologies
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey, Sept. 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, today announced its call for paper submissions for its new gold fully open access journals. As the leader in electrical engineering and computer science research for both the academic and industry communities, IEEE is committed to helping further scientific research and supporting accessibility to technological information.
“IEEE is proud to announce the call for submissions for its new open access journals, providing fully open access publications for high-quality, cutting-edge scientific and technical content accessible to researchers around the globe,” said Stephen Welby, IEEE Executive Director and COO. “This marks a unique opportunity for authors to benefit from the visibility each journal’s launch will generate and their published papers will be exposed to five million unique monthly users of the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library.”
IEEE’s new gold fully open access journals include:
- IEEE Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation
- IEEE Open Journal of Circuits and Systems
- IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society
- IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society
- IEEE Open Journal of Engineering in Medicine and Biology
- IEEE Open Journal of Industry Applications
- IEEE Open Journal of the Industrial Electronics Society
- IEEE Open Journal of Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Open Journal of Nanotechnology
- IEEE Open Journal of Power Electronics
- IEEE Open Journal of Signal Processing
- IEEE Open Journal of Solid-State Circuits
- IEEE Open Journal of Vehicular Technology
Each open access journal will follow IEEE’s established high standard of peer review, drawing on IEEE expert technical communities to continue to publish the most highly cited content in numerous technology fields. All of the new open access journals will be fully compliant with current major funder mandates, including use of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY) enabling authors to retain copyright.
The first articles will be published in early 2020. To learn more about the new IEEE open access journals, including details on submission dates and how to submit a technical paper for consideration, please visit open.ieee.org.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice in a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers, and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power, and consumer electronics. Learn more.
732 465 5865
732 562 6027