The Syrian foreign ministry on Tuesday accused the US-led coalition of targeting civilians in the northern provinces for not joining them, Xinhua new agency reported, citing state news agency SANA.

”The coalition has targeted several towns in the northern provinces of Hasakah and Raqqa and the eastern province of Deir al-Zour, as punishment to the population for refusing to join the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF),” it said in a statement.

The ministry statement came hours after 10 people were killed in US-led air strikes on areas in Hasakah province on Tuesday.

The “massacre” committed by the US-led coalition is the sixth in the northern region since the beginning of last month, SANA said.

The ministry accused the US-led coalition of backing separatist forces in Syria, it said referring to the Kurdish-led SDF.

It added the US-led coalition was also trying to coordinate between Daesh and the SDF with the aim of undermining the sovereignty of Syria and prolonging the crisis.

Damascus had accused the US-led anti-terror coalition of undermining Syrian sovereignty since starting its operation in Syria in 2014.

The coalition has been backing the SDF, a Kurdish-led alliance of Arab and Kurds, in the fight against Daesh. Damascus does not trust the policies of the US or the intentions of the fighters.

Source: NAM News Network

syrianewsgazette.comBusiness
The Syrian foreign ministry on Tuesday accused the US-led coalition of targeting civilians in the northern provinces for not joining them, Xinhua new agency reported, citing state news agency SANA. ''The coalition has targeted several towns in the northern provinces of Hasakah and Raqqa and the eastern province of...